Module 1: Fri 16 - Sat 17 July | 7:00pm - 6:00pm
Time in Triplets: Fri 23 - Sun 25 July
Module 2: Fri 30 - Sat 31 July | 7:00pm - 6:00pm
Whether 2020 left you bored, burned out, or even on the verge of breakdown, it’s certainly caused many of us to reflect on our lives, re-evaluate our priorities, and rethink normality.
And yet, as we begin to emerge from lockdown into a post-pandemic world, the question remains the same as ever: what does it look like to live courageously for Christ, right where we are, amid the complexities of our time?
As followers of Jesus in the UK today, how can we use this reset to reimagine how to live as people with a distinct story, in a culture that often doesn’t know, believe, or even necessarily care about Christian faith? How do we live joyfully for Christ, amongst the people we talk with, work with, live with, relax with, or care for, day by day?
As the saying goes, never waste a crisis.
Join the LICC team this summer for an inspiring online course that will train you to:
- Listen to the pressures, needs, and desires of the people you encounter everyday, and appreciate the wider cultural dynamics shaping your daily context
- Imagine what God might want to do in the places you find yourself day by day
- Create a new kingdom-oriented way of living in the organisations you’re in, the conversations you have, and alongside the people you’re with, as you influence culture over the long term
- Communicate the good news of the gospel in a way that’s attractive and meaningful to those around you
The Reimagine programme
Reimagine combines inspiring teaching, workshops, discussions, practical exercises, and reflections to develop your skills in biblical, cultural, and spiritual engagement – all for your own frontline context.
With space to reflect on and apply what you’re learning as you go, Reimagine will equip you to join in with God’s purposes right where you are.
The programme will include:
- Cultural forces in the UK today
- Biblical foundations for a whole-life gospel
- Diagnosing and responding biblically to the cultures in your own context
- Developing spiritual disciplines and formative practices to thrive every day
- Practical skill-based exercises around shopping and story-telling
- A ticket for our Just Listening event on 29 July
And so much more…
Who is it for?
Reimagine is for people wanting to grow in maturity and mission for the contexts in which God has placed them.
You might be discovering God’s purposes in your place of work, or seeking to shape the culture of your street. You could be in a friendship group that shares hobbies or a family life stage, or rethinking how you engage with your fellow students.
Whatever your context, you sense there’s joy in living fruitfully for Christ right where you are. And you’re prepared to invest in your own formation for the sake of others.
What do I need to know?
The online course will be hosted by LICC’s Dave Benson, Kim McCord, Matt Jolley, and Tracy Cotterell.
It will run across two weekends (16-17 and 30-31 July), from 7pm on Friday to 6pm on Saturday. There will be additional time to meet with a prayer triplet in the weekend in between (23-24 July).
Standard tickets cost £50 with an early bird discount of 20% available to those who book before May 31. Plus, you get three for two if you book as a group. Bursaries are also available.
The cost includes all sessions and materials, and entry to Thursday evening’s Just Listening event.
How do I apply?
Places are limited, so apply using the sign up form below or email email@example.com with any questions.
Think someone you know would benefit? Please pass it on!